The New Directions performed Gangnam Style by PSY, the Warblers performed Live While We're Young by One Direction and Whistle by Flo Rida, and the Rosedale Mennonites performed Over the River and Through the Wood/She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain by Lydia Maria Child/Carl Sandburg. The results of the competition were announced during the next episode, Swan Song, by Sue, who revealed that the Warblers claimed victory. Even with New Directions' loss, Blaine and Sam investigate the competition, and, with a cell phone video and Trent's help, they prove that the Warblers were under drugs effect and lead the New Directions to Regionals.
- The New Directions were disqualified because they left the stage in the middle of a performance, after Marley passed out on the stage. (Thanksgiving)
- The Warblers were disqualified later, after the New Directions exposed their methods of using body enhancing drugs to cheat. (Naked)
- Curiously, Vocal Adrenaline use growth hormones during the rehearsals and IV drips before competitions and never were punished or disqualified for this.
- This is the third time that a competition has been held in The April Rhodes Civic Pavilion.
- This is the New Directions' shortest performance at a competition, only lasting 2 minutes and 11 seconds. This, however, is due to an incomplete performance.
- This is the very first time when anyone has actually fainted on stage. (Thanksgiving)
- First time any club sings more songs than New Directions.