Gardner was born in Sacramento, California.
She took part in many of her middle school's productions. At first she did online schooling when she moved to LA in 2011, but then chose to take the California High School Proficiency Exam when she was allowed to. She took the test in October 2011 and found out she passed the following month.
Her parents gave her an ultimatum of either quitting acting or becoming more serious about it. Two years before getting the gig on Glee, she and her mother moved to Los Angeles so Ginny could pursue a career in acting full-time. The move was made because of the length and cost of their commute to Los Angeles, which caused Ginny to miss three to four days of school per week. She lived with her mother for the first year, but moved into her own apartment when she began to handle herself. After appearing on Lab Rats, she took a year off from acting to work on modeling. When she became absorbed in modeling, she was going to stop acting, but then heard about the audition for Glee.
Gardner appeared in an episode on Hart of Dixie and Lab Rats.
|2011||Hart of Dixie||Young Lemon||(Hairdos & Holidays)|
|2012||Lab Rats||Danielle||(Leo's Jam)|
|2013||The Goldbergs||Lexy Bloom||2013 - (8 episodes)|
|Glee||Katie (voice)/Marissa||(Feud and Shooting Star)|
- Is 5' 8" (1.73 m)
- Her zodiac sign is Aries.
- Her top five favorite Glee songs are Rolling in the Deep, Rumour Has It, Red Solo Cup, We Are Young, and Your Song.
- She attended Sacramento Country Day School from kindergarten to eighth grade.
- Her mom is a former newscaster.
- On her last day of Glee, Jane Lynch introduced herself to Ginny, who was starstruck.
- She has modeled for Kohl's, Love Culture, HP, Hollister, LF, and Famous Footwear.
- Her model agency is Ford LA.
- She loves Starbucks.
- She hates waiting.
- She hates early calltimes.
- She hates cold weather.
- She has a dog named Levi.
- She has an older brother.
- She has read the Divergent series and enjoyed them all. She has stated that she would love to play Tris.