- After hearing the shocking news about the likeliness of The Hoosierdaddies getting into Nationals by a new people's choice system that places five popular teams as wildcards at Nationals as well as the fifty other teams New Directions are worried about how Rachel-like Frida is. Meanwhile Blaine still struggles with the arrival of Jason and Kurt moving on from him so easily and turns to Eric for help.
- In New York, Santana still struggles to find a job but with Kurt's help she lands a styling position at Vogue.com until she can find full-time employment. Things finally seem to be settling down and becoming normal for Adam and Kurt, until Kurt receives a shocking call from an old friend. Rachel finally hears back from the producers of Funny Girl.
Ryder and Unique
- Ryder apologises for how he treated Wade.
- Wade dismisses the apology and still feels awful.
- Ryder wants to help Wade see how beautiful he is as Unique, but states that he wouldn't date Wade due to his gender only.
Blaine & Eric
- Blaine turns to Eric as a neutral party in his struggles with Kurt & Jason.
- Eric starts to form an unrequited affection for Blaine.
- Blaine feels he is not ready for another relationship.
- Eric and Blaine share a kiss.
Adam, Karofsky & Kurt
- Kurt and Adam will be getting back into a normal relationship.
- The phone call is from Paul Karofsky, stating that David was in an accident in New York.
- Kurt goes to see Karofsky in the hospital.
- Kurt confesses he doesn't have romantic feelings for Karofsky but wants to be friends with him instead.
Rachel & Cassandra
- Rachel gets the call and finds out she did not get the role of Fanny Brice, but instead Fanny's friend Georgia James.
- She turns to Cassandra for advice.
- Cassandra helps her and tells her that she was lucky to get a call back and was cheated out of the role.
- Rachel sees the producers about why she didn't get Fanny.
Kara, Marley & Tina
- All three are still fighting over who should be female lead.
- Artie suggests the three do a solo each and the New Directions will vote for whom they think was best.
|Song Title||Original Artist||Performer(s)|
|It Ends Tonight||The All-American Rejects||David Karofsky|
|People||Cast of Funny Girl||Rachel Berry|
|I Enjoy Being a Girl||Cast of Flower Drum Song||Tina Cohen-Chang|
|The Glamorous Life||Cast of A Little Night Music||Kara Regis|
|Funny Honey||Cast of Chicago||Marley Rose|
|Untitled (How Could This Happen To Me?)||Simple Plan||Blaine Anderson|
|Lanterns||Birds of Tokyo||New Directions|
- This is the eleventh time an episode of a title, has featured a song of the same name in it. Home, Dream On, Silly Love Songs, Blame It on the Alcohol, Born This Way, I Kissed a Girl, Dance with Somebody, Extraordinary Merry Christmas, Diva and All or Nothing being the others.
- Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams
- Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson
- Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman
- Samuel Larsen as Joe Hart
- Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde
- Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel
- Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose
- Lea Michele as Rachel Berry
- Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn
- Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez
- Vanessa Lengies as Sugar Motta
- Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang
- Alex Newell as Wade "Unique" Adams
- Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester
- Oliver Kieran-Jones as Adam Crawford
- Unknown Actor as Alaric Montague
- Billy Unger as Eric Chevalier
- Lindsay Pearce as Harmony Harpse
- Ryan Rottman as Jason Burke
- Alexandria "Allie" DeBerry as Kara Regis
- Adrienne Berry as Pendleton Chisholm
- NeNe Leakes as Roz Washington
Special Guest Star
Kurt: I'm sorry David. I don't have any romantic feelings for you... But I do want to be your friend...
Blaine: All the pressure is killing me, being "The New Rachel", having Jason here, Kurt turning me down, Sam leaving and now you falling for me!
—Blaine & Eric, It Ends Tonight
Artie: Okay hows about you three each sing a solo and the rest of us will vote
Cassandra: Back so soon Fanny Brice?